Microsoft Delivers on Time (for once)
Mime-Version: 1.0 (NeXT Mail 3.3 v118.2)
From: Peter Langston <psl>
Date: Tue, 7 May 96 13:27:07 -0700
Subject: Microsoft Delivers on Time (for once)
Forwarded-by: Keith Bostic <email@example.com>
Forwarded-by: firstname.lastname@example.org (Guy Harris)
Forwarded-By: mohan@nova (Mohan Srinivasan)
For the first time in, oh, a decade, I think, something from Microsoft
shipped on time: Jennifer Katharine Gates, weighed 8 pounds 6 ounces when
she was downloaded, er, born on Friday, April 26 at 6:11 p.m.
And what do Baby Gates and Daddy's products have in common?
1. Neither can stand on its own two feet without a LOT of third-party
2. Both barf all over themselves _regularly_.
3. Regardless of the problem, calling Microsoft Tech Support won't help.
4. As they mature, we pray that they will be better than that which
5. At first release they're relatively compact, but they seem to grow and
grow and grow with each passing year.
6. Although announced with great fanfare, pretty much anyone could have
7. They arrive in shaky condition with inadequate documentation.
8. No matter what, it takes several months between the announcement and
the actual release.
9. Bill gets the credit, but someone else did most of the work.
10. For at least the next year, they'll suck.
© 1996 Peter Langston